The Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel and Conference Centre is one of 3 hotels operated by the Coastlands Hotel and Resorts in Durban. The Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel can be found centrally located in Umhlanga at 329 Umhlanga Rocks Drive with breath-taking views of the Indian Ocean. Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel is the definition of grandeur with unparalleled levels of service.
Rooms at the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel
The decor of the 124 rooms at the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel can be classified as simplistic modern elegance. All bedrooms include the following amenities
- En-suite bathroom that comes standard with a shower. Rooms with a bathtub can be requested.
- Baby cots are also available on request
- A flat screen television with selected cable channels
- A minibar fridge that will be stocked upon request of the guest
- Electronic safe for all small valuable items
- Hair dryer
- A tea and coffee making station, negating the need to call room service for a hot beverage.
- All of the rooms at the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel are air-conditioned.
- Wi-Fi which is available in all areas of the hotel. A pre-determined amount is allocated to guests, free of charge. Charges will apply upon usage of this amount.
In general the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel offers the following
- Front desk that is open 24 hours a day with a concierge service
- Laundry, dry cleaning or ironing service
- Pool area and a Sundeck which are perfect for lounging outdoors
- Fitness centre
- Rooms designed for ease of use for disabled guests
- An elevator to effortlessly get to the higher level floors
- A business centre for faxing, photocopying etc.
- Most of the hotel is non-smoking with designated smoking areas
- Parking is available on site and is free to all guests
Bookings and Check-in at the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel
Booking rooms at the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel can be done online or calling through to their central reservations department. Telephonic reservations can be made weekdays from 7 up until 6 in the afternoon, and on Saturdays from 8 until 1 in the afternoon. Unfortunately pets are not allowed at the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel. Cancellation policies vary across the different rooms and can be checked online for the different room conditions. When checking in, guests must produce the credit card that was used for the booking along with photo identification. Guests are allowed to check into the rooms at the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel from 2 in the afternoon and check out by 11 in the morning.
Conferences at the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel
- The African Fire Convention Centre is located on the second floor of the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel and seats 400 people. This room is one of the most requested function venues because of its unique seating options. It can be used for weddings, gala dinners or business conferences
- The Heritage Convention Centre seats 300 people. It is also situated on the second floor of the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel. The second floor also has 3 breakaway rooms
- There are 2 boardrooms at the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel equipped with the latest business equipment.
- The Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel offers a room service for its guests and also an option for packed lunches.
- The Saffron Restaurant is the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel’s signature in house restaurant. It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.
- The Vanilla Coffee Shop, which sits adjacent to the Saffron Restaurant, is a cafe and bar area providing exotic imported coffee blends.
The Fleur De Lis is the in house spa at the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel. The French decor inspired spa is a marvellous setting for all of the treatments offered here. The spa has 3 treatment rooms to provide such services as a European spa pedicure, and a water jet and power point massage. The Fleur De Lis Spa can be contacted directly for gift vouchers or any ongoing spa specials.
Nearby attractions to the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel
- Umhlanga Main Beach which also has its own promenade. The Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel is ideally located as an accommodation base for those who will be visiting Durban for a beach holiday.
- The Moses Mabhida Stadium which hosts many sporting matches and musical concerts.
- uShaka Marine World which is a water themed fun park.
- Sharks Board
- The Gateway Theatre of Shopping which is the largest shopping and entertainment mall in the southern hemisphere.
Travelling to the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel
Within Durban getting to the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel can be done many ways. Two of the most popular options are using car hire Durban services or the Coastlands Hotel shuttle service. Upon arrival in Durban the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel can arrange for their shuttle service to pick you up from the airport or bus depot. This will be a surcharge and does not really provide much scope for visiting other areas. The more opted for option is renting out a vehicle from one of the many car hire Durban branches. You will have a pick of cars from budget to luxury, all with the very latest models. This way, visitors to the city will have full time access to their own vehicle. Vehicle rental in Durban can be done with many internationally renowned companies like Avis or Europcar.
Getting to Durban can also be done many ways but most visitors to the city prefer to fly in, eliminating long road journeys which can be made even worse with traffic jams. Durban services dozens of flights every day from many of the major cities in South Africa from such companies like Mango Airlines. In addition Mango Airlines is also a budget airline offering low cost flights which won’t break the bank when flying to Durban. As a low cost airline seating is standard economy class with no in-flight meal (however snacks and beverages can be bought during the flight). Flights to Durban from other parts of the country are very short so this does not really affect guests, who upon arrival in Durban, can partake in one of the many dining options available at the Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel.