The world’s largest range of accommodation online. “Book Now – Pay When You Stay”with NO fees, and free cancellation and amendments on most bookings.
Over 40 million reviews from verified guests will help you find the accommodation that’s right for you.
For over 2 decades, Fairmont Hotels and Resorts have been a committed organization to responsible tourism. They have hotels around the world that embody that mission statement. Their green partnership program has allowed them to continue their hotel growth with as little impact to the environment as possible. This green philosophy is now a part of their 50+ hotels and 23000 hotel rooms globally. Zimbali Coastal Resort has held a proud partnership with the Fairmont Group for a while now and embody all of their core values. The Zimbali Coastal Resort was developed with all the ethos that Fairmont associates itself with. The eco estate was developed with the existing wildlife and natural elements not being negatively affected. As a result of this, areas were sectioned off as conservation sites. These sites are protected by the Zimbali management. The natural wildlife of the area is also protected. Traveling to Zimbali on Mango flights add to this green initiative because their fleet is fuel efficient. There are no walls and blockages within the estate so animals can roam around freely. As such, velvet monkeys, bush bucks and rare birds are frequently spotted on the grounds. Animals are further protected by the low speed of cars which is enforced on the estate. The animals are also protected by the provinces wildlife authorities. All buildings on the estate, both residential and commercial, maintain the strict guidelines of blending into the environment. The architecture inspiration is Asian/African inspired and seen throughout the estate. The Fairmont Zimbali hotels keep in accordance to this trend and also used much natural building materials during development. The Zimbali Coastal Resort and Fairmont Group share similar company directives which makes the partnership very successful. Fairmont has two hotels on the prestigious Zimbali Coastal Resort which are the Fairmont Zimbali Resort and the Fairmont Zimbali Lodge.
Fairmont Zimbali Resort
The Fairmont Zimbali Resort is the larger hotel option on the Zimbali estate. The hotel offers the following
- 154 rooms, which includes a presidential suite and a penthouse. Rooms have views of the gardens and ocean.
- Rooms have a separate bathroom with complimentary bath products.
- All rooms have internet access as well as satellite television. The Fairmont Zimbali Resort also provides a video on demand system which gives its guests access to the latest movies and games.
- There are many restaurant choices at the Fairmont Zimbali Resort such as OSA, Dalchini and The Coral Tree. Many cuisine types are offered at these places from afternoon tea to a full buffet.
- The Fairmont Zimbali Resort houses the Willow Stream spa. It only entertains guests over 18 years of age and offers many relaxing and modern treatments. Also on location is a steam room and health center.
- The hotel is a highly sought after location for business meetings and conferences. There are over 5000 sq meters of space in the function areas and many choices to choose from such as ballroom, boardroom and courtyard. In addition they offer in-house catering and have a special team to see to it that your conference is well organized and goes smoothly. The function space can be used for weddings and other social events as well.
Fairmont Zimbali Lodge
The Fairmont Zimbali Lodge is the boutique hotel option when staying on the Zimbali estate. By no means have they lacked in quality though, with the lodge receiving international praise as a world class hotel. The Fairmont Zimbali Lodge offers the following
- The lodge has 76 rooms, each with its own balcony
- Internet access with satellite television
- In room safe
- Hairdryer, iron and complimentary bath products
- Daily newspapers are available on request
- There are 2 restaurant choices at the Fairmont Zimbali lodge which are the Trophy Bar and the Thandi restaurant.
- Like the resort, the Fairmont Zimbali Lodge also caters for business and social events. There are three conference rooms that can be set up in many different seating types and accommodate for small groups or for groups up to 90 guests.
- Both of the Fairmont Zimbali hotel choices are located on the Zimbali estate where security is a very high concern. The entire estate is protected by electric fencing, foot patrols, boom gates and CCtv cameras.
- Driving on the Zimbali estate is limited to 25 km per hour. This is for the protection of guests, residents and the areas wildlife
- The nearest airport is the King Shaka Airport and is 16 km away. Flying on many airlines can be done from here including Kulula and Mango flights.
- The Fairmont Zimbali hotels are located within driving distance to many of Durban’s tourist spots which include the Phinda Game Reserve and greater St Lucia Wetland Park. The hotels offer day tours to these spots and more. Family travel is more attainable now than ever before to visit tourist spots in South Africa, such as those mentioned. Mango flights are an affordable way to fly into Durban thanks to their low cost and no frills motto.
- The Zimbali Coastal Resort has its own country club. The Zimbali Country Club has golfing and tennis facilities together with a lounge and bar area. Fairmont Zimbali Hotel guests have access to these facilities at discounted rates.