Tropicana Hotel Durban
The Tropicana hotel is one of the many accommodation choices in Durban’s famous Golden Mile area. With easy beach and CBD access, the hotel is a hit with both families and businessmen. The hotel is classified as having a 3 star rating. Located at 85 O.R Tambo (Marine) Parade the Tropicana Hotel Durban is a part of the Gooderson Leisure Group.
Rooms at the Tropicana Hotel Durban
There are 168 rooms at the Tropicana Hotel Durban and 2 room choices for guests to choose from which are the Standard rooms and the Suites.
- The Standard rooms come with 2 single beds and is fully air-conditioned. The Standard rooms at the Tropicana Hotel Durban are fully carpeted, are en-suite and contain shower facilities. These is a closet area to store clothing to prevent them from getting wrinkled and for easier access, and a safe to store valuable items. Rooms also come with a television with satellite TV access for in room entertainment. Each room has its own telephone and an alarm clock. Tea and coffee making facilities round up each rooms offerings to guests.
- The Suites contain the same facilities as the rooms but come with 2 double beds and rooms here also contain a desk work space.
Rooms at the Tropicana Hotel Durban have exquisite views of the Durban Beachfront, Indian Ocean and sunsets of Durban. The windows can also be opened to allow for the cooling sea breeze to enter the room.
Children up to 15 years stay free if they will be using the exiting beds in the room and pay only for breakfast.
The hotels check-in time is 2 in the afternoon and 10 in the morning for check-outs
Further Tropicana Hotel Durban Amenities
- A business lounge that is fully fitted with all of the facilities required by those traveling on business
- Undercover parking
- Elevator to easily get to rooms on the top levels
- 24 hour front desk reception
- Wi-Fi in the general areas of the hotel
Limited room service is available to guests however there are also 2 dining options for guests of the Tropicana Hotel Durban to choose from.
- The Clippers Restaurant can be found on the ground floor of the hotel. Guests can partake in breakfast, lunch and dinner while enjoying spectacular sea views.
- The Seven Palms Restaurant which offers a full carvery/buffet can be found in the Main hotel area for breakfast and dinner
There are 5 venues on offer for all conferencing needs at the Tropicana Hotel Durban. The hotel specializes in both weddings and conferences. The Tropicana Hotel Durban is often used for eventing as they provide accommodation for guests as well. The hotel has its own dedicated banqueting staff to ensure that all details of an event run smoothly.
- For weddings, the Tropicana Hotel Durban provides a fine dining experience with diligent service. The hotel also customizes all wedding needs from decor to the menu to meet each bridal couples specific needs.
- All conferencing needs are met at the Tropicana Hotel Durban which can accommodate from as little as 15 guests all the way up to 300 guests depending on the venue and seating type. Standard conferencing equipment is provided for all business functions which include flip charts, white board, stationery, notepads and a PA system. The Tropicana Hotel Durban also provides catering services for the event which includes arrival, mid-morning and afternoon drinks and snacks. Lunch is done at the Hotel Restaurant.
Attractions close to the Tropicana Hotel Durban
- Beach- the hotel is right next to the beach and the close proximity is the main reason that guests choose the Tropicana Hotel Durban
- uShaka Marine World- an extension of a beach holiday in Durban, guests can engage in water based rides, browse the aquariums and other animals on site as well as take in dolphin shows
- Suncoast Casino and Entertainment World- the complex provides something for the entire family as well as several dining choices. Tropicana Hotel Durban guests can visit Suncoast for gambling, watching movies, the spa, kiddies gaming room or the nightclub
- Sporting Stadiums- the many sporting stadiums around the vicinity regularly host soccer, cricket and rugby matches.
Transport options to the Tropicana Hotel Durban
First of all visitors will have to get to Durban to check into the Tropicana Hotel. Guests may drive into the city, take a bus or catch a flight. The first 2 options can take hours and hours of road travel which is why most guests prefer to fly in. Durban is only 2 to 3 hours away from the major airports in the country and with Mango Airlines and the other budget based airlines providing low cost flights, it is also the more affordable option. With petrol price hikes and rising toll fees, it is making more and more sense that flying with the likes of Mango Airlines is just easier and cheaper.
Once in Durban, visitors can opt to take a taxi or rent out a car to get to the Tropicana Hotel Durban. Car hire Durban needs can be taken care of directly at the airport. The many internationally based car hire Durban companies include Europcar, Hertz, and Avis. They further include many vehicle options to get around in Durban which are
- Hatchbacks- always the cheapest option when it comes to renting out vehicles, hatchbacks require the least amount of refueling also. Perfect for people traveling alone, a couple or a small family. The cars are small but spacious enough for luggage with some of the latest modern features.
- Sedans- in almost all car rental companies, sedans have the widest choice when it comes to vehicle brands. They are the most popular hire because they offer more specifications than hatchbacks even though they are slightly more expensive.
- 4x4s- are hired out by Tropicana Hotel Durban guests who go on nature hikes and need a vehicle to handle gravel roads.
- People carrier vehicles- these vehicles are hired out by those traveling in a group and would like to stick together and not be separated into several cars.