Avis Car Hire Rates
If you are seeing a blank page, please wait a few seconds till our booking engine loads…The Avis brand is famous worldwide, making them one of the most frequent go to choices when consumers are looking to hire out cars. Furthermore, the cost-effective Avis car hire rates ensure that customers return time and time and again. The Avis fleet comprises the latest vehicles which are upgraded on a regular basis. Bookings can be done a myriad of ways for a range of cars, car extras or transfers services.
Ways to Book Avis Cars
To rent an Avis vehicle, the renter must be at least 18 years old and have held a Driver’s License for at least one year.
- If you do not need any help and are familiar with the process then the online option is the best route. The Avis booking engine, found on their website, can be used to find vehicles, get a quote, and even finalize a booking.
- If you do have access to the internet but do not want to finalize the booking yourself, then you are welcome to make use of the email reservation form found on the Avis website. Just fill in the details and send it in. Avis consultants will process the request and send you the booking confirmation.
- If you have a smartphone then you can download the Avis App onto your cell phone and do a mobile booking from there.
- If you do not have internet access then there is always the option of calling the Avis call centre. They are open to take calls 24/7. To speed up the telephonic process and not rack up a huge phone bill, it is best to have all rental information sorted beforehand. This includes rental dates, vehicle type, contact and personal details and payment information.
- If any of the above mentioned methods is not right for you, then you can always go directly to an Avis car rental Durban branch for some personal and friendly service.
Customers who regularly take advantage of the great Avis car hire rates may apply online for an Avis Wizard Card. It is free to do so. The card has all of the personal details of the cardholder. This means when the Avis Wizard Card number is given during booking, the customer would not have to go through the entire process of giving in this information. It makes Avis bookings effortless.
Avis Car Hire Specials
- The weekend Avis car hire rates offers customer’s even cheaper Avis car hire rates. To qualify for the special Avis car hire rates during the weekend, customers would have to book cars from 12h00 on Thursdays to 11h59 on Monday.
- Avis car hire rates can be cheaper when hiring out a vehicle for over a month. Avis allows for the leasing of their vehicles from 1 to 33 months.
- Avis Shorter Distance is a service offered to those of their customers who will not be doing any long distance driving. This may just be short trips within the city to meetings or a quick drive from the hotel to the beach. Customers who rent a vehicle through this option will receive 100 free kilometres per day.
The Avis car hire rates differ across their many vehicle options. Though whether you are renting out a vehicle from their economical or luxury range, you are sure to get some of the most competitive pricing in the industry.
- Hatchbacks- hatchbacks offer the cheapest Avis car hire rates and are also the lightest on fuel.
- Sedans/SUV- these vehicles offered by Avis offer more space and a better driving experience.
- Luxury- the luxury car fleet at Avis consists of cars that are less than a year old and have a very low mileage. The cars are top of the range and the newest entries into the market. They can only be reserved through the luxury car brand ambassadors.
- Vans- the vans offered by Avis are either single or double cabs, with or without a canopy. 4×4 vans can also be rented out. Avis also rents out vans that have been fitted with solar panel charging systems, traction control, and vehicle stability and all terrain tyres for a safe and enjoyable safari adventure.
- People carrier vehicles- visitors to Durban who are traveling in a group can hire out the Avis people carrier vehicles to ensure that the group gets to travel in one vehicle. The Avis car hire rates offered on these vehicles also mean that it would be cheaper to hire them out than several smaller cars.
The affordable Avis car hire rates also include vehicle extras. The first item that can be rented out with Avis vehicles are child safety seats. This is a must hire if you would be traveling in an Avis vehicle with a baby or toddler. Simply having a passenger carry a child in their arms is against the law. The second item is a navigation system. They are a popular hire with visitors to Durban because it allows them to easily be directed to their destination. The third item is bicycle racks which are attached to the back of the vehicle to hold bicycles. The forth item is paraplegic hand controls. An Avis car can be controlled entirely by the hand with these controls. The hand controls can only be attached to certain automatic vehicles in the Avis range so a 3 day notice is required to ensure that these vehicles are available.
Avis transfer services
The first transfer service is for customers requiring a ride between 2 points. This could either be an airport transfer or a reliable ride home after an event. Transfers can be done in a vehicle of your choice from the Poin2Point vehicle selection group. The service is only available to customers at the Avis car rental Durban, Cape Town and Johannesburg branches. Point2Point is only available from one destination to another.
For a more flexible transfer service customers can opt to hire out the Avis Chauffeur Drive service. For the hired time (hourly, half/full day) the chauffeur will transport you to your many destinations of choice. Avis Chauffeur services can be done in any vehicle in the Avis Chauffeur Drive group