Avis Car Rentals
Avis car rentals in South Africa is one of the most environmentally aware car rental agencies in the country. The company puts a lot of effort into water conservation, tree planting and wildlife conservation. In addition to taking care of the planet, Avis car rentals also put deep effort into customer service, even fully training staff to be brand ambassadors of the company, to not just provide a service but to exceed service delivery as well. With Avis car rentals, customers have access to one of the largest and varied fleets in South Africa.
Reservations at Avis Car Rentals
Reservations with Avis car rental Durban can be done 4 ways
The first is to send through an email enquiry. With this option though, confirmation of a reserved vehicle will be sent to the customer and will not be immediate.
The second option is also done online, but can be done by the customer with immediate vehicle confirmation. The booking engine used, allows for customers to easily enter in their vehicle rental needs such as vehicle type and rental period, to select from all available cars during that time. Once chosen, personal details and payment information is done.
The third option is to call the Avis car rentals central reservations call centre. They are open for calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with friendly, trained consultants to help with all booking needs. To speed up this process Avis car hire advises customers to have personal and rental details sorted out beforehand. This also includes having information regarding payment details
The forth is to make use of the Avis mobile app. It would first have to be downloaded on to your Android, iPhone or Blackberry smartphone. Thereafter Avis customers will be able to book cars from anywhere, with their phones.
Vehicle selection at Avis Car Rentals
- Luxury cars
- Minibus vehicles
- Avis safari vans
Optional Extras at Avis Car Rentals
The additional items that can be hired at Avis car rentals consist of the following items and can be chosen to be added to a reservation during the booking process.
- Bicycle racks are hired out by Avis car rentals to those who will be traveling to Durban with a bicycle. They can be attached to the back of an Avis vehicle so that they will not have to be kept in the back seat, taking up valuable passenger or luggage space.
- Trailers can be hired out with or without the rental of an Avis vehicle. Avis car rentals offers a service whereby their trailers can be delivered or customers can collect it themselves. The Avis car rentals trailers have been specially made for them adhering to the highest of quality standards.
- GPS systems are often hired out by visitors to Durban as they are not familiar with the routes of the city, therefore it is essential to book these items in advance to secure one. The Avis GPS system allows for customers to choose any one of 14 language settings to direct them either verbally or visually to anywhere in Durban.
- Baby seats must be used if you are traveling with a baby or toddler on South African roads. It has become the law since early 2015 because of profound evidence showing just how much these seats protect kids in case of an impact. The seats available at Avis car rentals are for babies up to 1 year, toddlers up to 4 years of age and a booster seats for older kids. Due to the new Law, their popularity has increased tenfold and will definitely have to be reserved well in advance.
- Paraplegic hand controls are provided free of charge to Avis customers. They can only be fitted to certain automatic cars within the Avis car hire fleet so Avis advises reserving them at least 72 hours in advance to secure the availability of these cars.
Rewards Clubs at Avis Car Rentals
The Avis car rentals rewards club is the Avis Preferred Loyalty club. It is Avis’s way of thanking and giving back to their loyal customers. Joining the club is free of charge. Members will receive such rewards for hiring out Avis vehicles as
- Preferential service
- Free day of car hire
- Vehicle upgrades
- No charge to add an extra driver
Additional Information on Avis Car Rentals
To rent an Avis vehicle, the customer must be in possession of a Driver’s License which has been valid for at least 1 year.
Avis does not only hire out cars but does transfer services as well. Avis Point 2 Point service allows for customers to be driven from one point to another in an Avis vehicle of their choice. This could be used for airport transfers or if a group requires a designated driver for a night to transport them home safely. The Avis Chauffeur Drive service can be hired out for an hourly, half day or full day rate. Here the chauffeur will adjust to your schedule and needs for the hired period. Again, this service can be done in a customer’s vehicle of choice.
Avis has plenty of partnership programmes which members of these clubs can take advantage of, when using Avis car rentals. For example Momentum and eBucks members can get up to 40 percent off vehicles when renting with Avis.
Avis car rentals has a car sales division which sells off vehicles from the Avis fleet. The Avis rental cars are continuously being updated and to make room for these newer cars, they will have to sell off current vehicles. They are labelled as used cars, though they do come with a full service and maintenance history. Furthermore, all of the Avis vehicles are equipped with DataDot technology which are tiny dots marked all over the vehicle which can be used to identify the car or its parts if it is ever stolen.
Avis car rental Durban does allow a 29 minute grace period when returning a vehicle after the 24 hour rented period, after which they next day’s charge will be applied.
Avis car rentals is the only vehicle hire company in South Africa to have CarbonNeutral accreditation.