Avis Rent a Car
With Avis Rent a Car, customers are able to choose from a basic model entry level car all the way up to the latest sports cars, to meet their specific holiday transport needs. Avis Rent a Car also provides some of the best rates for renting a car in Durban. Customers can also make use of their partnership or loyalty programmes to further bring down prices of Avis rental vehicles.
Avis Rent a Car Booking Process
With Avis Rent a Car, customers have a choice of how they do bookings for vehicles.
Booking engine- the booking engine can be found on the home page of the Avis car hire website. It is a 4 step process to booking your vehicle. The first step is to choose your country and rental period. The second step is where detailed information on your rental requirements will be entered. This is rental branch, car group etc. The third step is to choose upgrades or additional driving items like navigation systems or bicycle racks. The fourth and final step in the online booking process is driver information and payment method.
Email- bookings to reserve an Avis vehicle can be done by email whereby the customer would enter in all required details on the form found on the website. Confirmation of the reservation will be emailed back to the customer.
Mobile app- reservations for Avis Rent a Car can be done on mobile phones also. Customers can download the app for their iPhone, Android or Blackberry phones to make mobile reservations.
Telephone- the Avis central reservations call centre is open all day long, 7 days a week. Friendly consultants are available to help you reserve a vehicle that best suits your needs. Before calling in though, it is best to have the following details
- Name of person who will be renting the vehicle
- Vehicle that is preferred
- Pick-up and return location
- Dates for which you would be renting the Avis vehicle
- Method of payment
Regular Avis customers should look into getting an Avis Wizard card. Applications for a Wizard number can be done online. The Avis Wizard card allows for personal details to be stored onto your Avis profile. This way, all future reservations can be way faster because cardholders can simply enter in their Wizard number during bookings instead of going through the process of filling out the entire reservation form.
Avis Rent a Car Vehicles
- Hatchbacks are the cheapest rental option from Avis Rent a Car. Avis offers a choice of vehicles in this range to their customers.
- Sedans and SUV vehicles at Avis Rent a Car are for those who want a bit more from their driving experience. These cars can handle 1 or 2 more passengers and more luggage.
- People carrier vehicles from Avis Rent a Car come in 5 or 8 seater options
- Luxury car reservations are handled by a special team known as the Avis Luxury Collection brand ambassadors. All of the cars in this group are less than a year old, meaning they are some of the latest models in the market
- Van rentals at Avis can be used for leisure, or for business needs with the option of longer term hiring. Vans can also be rented for safari holidays. The Avis Safari vehicles are modified to have more stability, traction control and a fully monitored tyre pressure system. The vehicles are fitted with solar panel systems, and other amenities to allow for a comfortable journey out in the wilderness. Avis Safari van rentals also come with experienced tour guides.
Avis Rent a Car Counter Products
- Baby seats- there are 3 types of baby seats to choose from when renting one from Avis car hire. They are a baby safety seat to be used for babies up to 12 months old, a child safety seat to be used for kids from around a year to 4 years of age and a child booster seat to be used for older kids who won’t get as much of a protection factor from a seat belt.
- Bicycle racks- Avis Rent a Car also hires out bicycle racks that can be placed at the back of the rental vehicle to securely hold bikes in place. They allow for the bikes to be firmly in place outside the vehicle and allowing for added space inside the car for passengers or luggage. Bicycle racks can only be hired with an Avis vehicle.
- Hand controls- paraplegic hand controls are available at Avis car hire Durban at no additional charge, however they will need to be booked 72 hours in advance so that Avis Rent a Car can make sure that the vehicle that they fit into is available.
- Navigation systems- the Avis GPS system allows customers to easily find their way around Durban, be it the city, towns or rural villages. The system works by being plugged into the cigarette lighter point and then entering your destination details onto the touch screen. Directions will then be given to this location by either following the markings on the screen or listening to the voice prompts. The Avis Rent a Car navigation system can direct customers in 17 languages.
- Trailers- trailers can be rented with an Avis vehicle or on their own. Avis trailers are custom built according to the highest standards and can be collected or delivered.
Avis Rent a Car Customer Rewards
Avis Preferred Loyalty Programme
This programme was created as a way for Avis Rent a Car to thank their loyal customers. Membership into the programme is completely free. Benefits for members include priority service, free car hire, free additional driver and complimentary upgrades.
- Momentum Multiply members can save up to 40% on car rentals at Avis car hire Durban
- City Lodge and Three Cities Exceptional Hotels and Safari Lodges
- eBucks members can get up to 40% off on Avis vehicles in South Africa when booking on eBucks Travel online.
- South African Airways, South African Express Airways, Airlink, British Airways, Mango Airlines, Skywise, Lufthansa, SN Brussels Airlines.