Avis South Africa
The Avis car rental brand has amassed quite a base and loyal following in South Africa. Their popularity in the country is no doubt due to the wide variety of vehicles in their fleet and the high level of service from their staff. Staff members at Avis South Africa are not just workers but brand ambassadors for the company who embody the Avis slogan of “We Try Harder”. Avis car hire is all about giving South Africans the opportunity of a seamless and fast car rental experience.
Avis South Africa Branches
Avis South Africa branches can be found around the country in towns, cities and at all major airports. In KwaZulu Natal in particular Avis South Africa has branches in the following areas to meet all car hire Durban needs
- Downtown Durban
- Richards Bay
- St Lucia
- King Shaka International Airport
- Pietermaritzburg Airport
Avis vehicles can be dropped off at a different branch than that which was used for pick-up.
The Avis South Africa Vehicle Fleet
Avis South Africa operates the largest fleet of vehicles in South Africa than any other car hire company in the country. They are also the only car rental company in the country to be CarbonNeutral accredited. The Avis fleet contains the Toyota Prius and the Honda Jazz Hybrid which are lower carbon emission vehicles. Not only are cars constantly being renewed to include only the latest models but all cars go through a safety check before each and every rental. All vehicles within the Avis South Africa fleet average 15000 kilometres and can be hired for as little as a day to months. Cars include the ever popular hatchbacks and sedans with some of the most affordable pricing in the country. The Avis fleet also includes luxury sedans and sports cars for a thrilling rental experience. People carrier vehicles are becoming increasingly more in demand from Avis South Africa customers. These vehicles in the Avis car hire Durban range include the Avanza and Fortuner vehicles. The reason for their popularity is that they can accommodate more people and luggage in one vehicle. These bigger SUV type cars make Avis car hire Durban customers feel more comfortable and safe when traveling longer distances such as during a road trip to visit Game Reserves in the outer areas of the province. The Avis South Africa fleet also includes a big number of vans and trucks, but this is geared more towards businesses. These vehicles can be hired for both short term and long term contracts. Avis South Africa vehicles can also be hired with the option of a chauffeur. Customers hiring vehicles with Avis South Africa can also make use of their roadside assistance facility which is a call centre that is available 24 hours a day.
Extra item rentals at Avis South Africa
Avis offers a range of extra items that can be hired as well when renting out their vehicles which include the following
- Avis GPS rentals are charged per day of hire. Navigation systems work by entering in your destination into the unit and then being guided by voice prompts or on screen directions directly to the destination. These items help Avis South Africa customers get safely and quickly to all of their destinations when visiting Durban.
- Child safety seats must be booked when hiring Avis South Africa vehicles as it is against the law to transport a child in a car without one. There are 3 seat types available at Avis South Africa, to allow for different age groups from infants to older kids around 4 years of age. Car seats have been proven to better protect babies and toddlers in the event of an accident.
- With Avis bicycle racks there is no need to disassemble bicycles to fit them into the back seat of cars. Durban has some of the best views and terrains in the country when it comes to cycling and now visitors to Durban can bring along their own bicycle and transport it conveniently and safely at the back of their rented vehicle on a bicycle rack.
- Paraplegic hand controls are also available in Durban that fit into some Avis automatic cars. There is no charge for these items but it is requested that they be reserved at least 72 hours in advance to ensure that cars they fit into are available.
Avis South Africa Loyalty Programme
- Priority service
- Free car hire on weekends
- Vehicle upgrades
- No added fees for a second driver
The cost of joining the club is free
Avis south Africa Car Sales
In the market for a newer model pre-owned car or an upgrade on your current one, then Avis car hire should be an avenue that is considered when looking around. Avis South Africa has a car sales division which sells off their rental vehicles. As the average mileage on Avis cars is 15000 kilometers, their cars can be considered fairly new. The benefits of buying a pre-owned car with Avis South Africa are
- Fully roadworthy vehicles with accident and service history available to prospective buyers. Avis vehicles are also fully checked before and after being rented out so they have been well maintained throughout their rental period.
- If you are not happy with any aspect of the mechanics of the car then it can be exchanged, within a 30 day period, for a similarly priced car.
- The mileage reflected on the car is 100 percent true as Avis South Africa buys their cars directly from manufacturers, after which they monitor it on their Wizard Fleet System
- They offer finance for the purchase of their vehicles from many of the major financial institutions in the country
- The DataDot technology is high tech unique markings sprayed on all Avis South Africa cars. These markings are a protection against criminals who will not be able to sell of the car or its parts if it is stolen.