Beach Hotel Durban
The Beach Hotel in Durban is located at 107 Marine Parade Beach. It sits right on the Durban beachfront promenade giving its guests unparalleled views of the Durban Bay area and the Indian Ocean. The Beach Hotel Durban is an ideal base for both leisure and business travellers seeing as there is not much of a journey to get to the beach, tourist sites, or the city for meetings. The Beach Hotel Durban has a 3 star rating that they have received from the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa
Rooms at the Beach Hotel Durban
The 112 rooms at the Beach Hotel Durban has a capacity to accommodate 448 guests in total. A deposit is required before the booking of a room can be confirmed. Rooms are decorated in aqua colours in keeping with the marine theme of the hotel. Rooms at the Beach Hotel Durban include
- Standard twin rooms
- Standard double rooms
Rooms also come with the following
- Rooms come with a private bathroom which has a shower
- Rooms have a colour television with access to the M-Net channel
- Rooms have a telephone
- Rooms also have tea and coffee making stations
- The hotel is also very wheelchair friendly with easy access to both the inside of the hotel and the hotel terrace
- The Beach Hotel Durban is very family friendly and children under the ages of 2 stay free of charge. Children from 5 to 14 years of age get a much reduced rate which is only for the cost of an added bed into the room. However there is a limit to this and every room only allows for one extra bed or cot, and will also need to be confirmed by the manager on duty.
- All rooms are fully air conditioned to allow for comfortable and cool downtime to contend with Durban s warm climate
- All rooms are non-smoking however there are designated areas within the hotel where smoking is allowed
- Check-in can be done at any time from 14:00 to 20:00 and check-out can be done between 7:00 to 10:00
- Rooms at the Beach Hotel Durban are situated over several floors and a lift is available for easier access to the upper levels.
Services and facilities at the Beach Hotel Durban
Maid service, ironing, laundry and dry cleaning
Storage of luggage
24 hour front desk availability
Business services of faxing, copying etc.
Shuttle service at an added fee
Daily newspaper can be given upon request
The Beach Hotel does provide Wi-Fi in the public areas of the hotel which is payable at an hourly rate
The Beach Hotel Durban does provide secure undercover parking on site and is payable at a daily rate
Unfortunately pets are not allowed at the Beach Hotel Durban
- Pier 107
- Harpoon Harry’s
- El Cordoba
- Hotel bar
- Limited room service
Nearby highly rated restaurants
- Afro’s Chicken
- Grill Jichana
- Circus Circus Beach Cafe
Conferencing at the Beach Hotel Durban
There are 3 venues to choose from for conference needs at the Beach Hotel Durban that can accommodate for a total of 120 guests. Conferencing functions at the Beach Hotel Durban can be booked for either business or social needs. The hotel does have some of the basic equipment on hand for business conferencing needs as well as some of the latest audio visual items. The hotel has dedicated staff to handle all of the logistics regarding details of the event and if further facilities are needed for the business conference such as personalized items then they are fully on hand to organize it. With its stunning beachside views, the hotel is also perfect for hosting social events from anniversaries and birthdays to weddings. Again the conferencing staff provide all help with arrangements so that the big day goes smoothly and stress free.
Travel to and around Durban
The Beach Hotel Durban is less than 30 kilometers from the King Shaka International Airport. Here many of the local airlines such as Kulula, SAA, Flysafair and Mango Airlines have daily flights into Durban. The low cost carriers in particular, like Mango Airlines service many daily flights because of the low nature of their ticket pricing. They really have opened up Durban to a lot more tourists who in the past remained away because of the high flight costs or the long driving distances. Durban is an easy city to travel in. All locations are easily accessible by road vehicles and there’s not much of a distance to be travelled from the Beach Hotel into the city or for touring purposes. Therefore car hire in Durban is the option most taken by visitors into the city. Car hire Durban is cheaper than using a private taxi service with the availability of your own vehicle to use as you wish. The many options for car hire Durban include local independent companies to international name brand companies with options of hatchback, sedan, luxury, sports, SUV, vans or people carrier vehicles. The Beach Hotel Durban does provide adequate paid parking facilities on their premises for their guests’ vehicles.
Activities near the Beach Hotel Durban
- The promenade directly outside the hotel is great for a relaxing walk in the sea breeze taking in views of the waves, fisherman and surfers. Stops can also be made along the way to restaurants or coffee shops.
- The uShaka Marine World is home to a water-park, aquarium and dolphin shows.
- The Moses Mabhida Stadium is great for taking in a soccer game, a Segway tour or for the Big Rush Adrenaline which is the highest swing in the world
- The Durban Botanical Gardens provide nature lovers with an opportunity to see the gardens exclusive Orchids and Cycad collection or just to relax with high tea in the blooming surroundings
- The Suncoast Casino and Entertainment World allows for full family entertainment with an in house casino, movie theaters, spa, restaurants, kiddies gaming area and a nightclub