Garden Court Umhlanga
The Garden Court group of hotels is owned by Tsogo Sun and can be found all over South Africa with an emphasis of their locations being in close proximity to local attractions. This means that the many Garden Court Hotels are situated in urban areas, seaside and National Parks. In Durban, Garden Court Hotels can be found in Marine Parade, South Beach and Umhlanga Rocks. The Garden Court Umhlanga Hotel is ideally situated close to the beach in the heart of Umhlanga making it a good base for both holidaymakers and business travellers. Decorated with an earthy vibe, the 3 start rating hotel is an instant invitation to relaxation. Staff at the Garden Court Umhlanga Hotel are ever willing to help guests with any information regarding Durban and all travel logistics within the city.
Rooms at the Garden Court Umhlanga Hotel
There are a total of 204 rooms at the Garden Court Umhlanga Hotel with 3 room categories to choose from.
- The 81 Standard Rooms come with a queen bed and an en-suite bathroom. Added comforts include satellite television and a hot beverage making station.
- The 115 Standard Surcharge rooms come with 2 double beds and an en-suite bathroom. Added comforts here include the same as the standard rooms but with an electronic safe and complimentary Wi-Fi as extras.
- The 8 Suite rooms at the Garden Court Umhlanga Hotel come with a lounge, queen bed and en-suite bathroom. Added comforts here are the same as the standard surcharge rooms but come with a flat screen television too.
Additional room information
- All rooms have views of either the sea or pool area
- All bathrooms at the Garden Court Umhlanga Hotel have been designed to have both a shower and bathtub and come with demisting mirrors to ensure that your reflection is never blurred.
- Smoking and wheelchair accessible rooms can arranged upon request. These rooms are limited so should be booked in advance.
- All rooms are fully air-conditioned.
- Check-in time at the Garden Court Umhlanga Hotel is at 2 in the afternoon with check-out time being 11 in the morning.
Facilities at the Garden Court Umhlanga Hotel
Lush garden courtyard
Heated swimming pool with a kiddies play area
Full fitness centre
Open lounge in the lobby area
Free parking which is on site, undercover and very secure
Housekeeping and laundry services
Reception is available 24 hours a day
Dining options at the Garden Court Umhlanga Hotel
- The Mnandi restaurant is open all mornings for breakfast and light meals/beverages
- The Garden Court Umhlanga Hotel offers a full buffet as the first option for dinner
- The second option is The Asian Station Restaurant with an a la carte menu
- The Ukuphela Bar is also an option 7 days a week from 10 in the morning to 11 at night
- The Garden Court Umhlanga Hotel also provides a room service which is available from 17:30 to 23:00
Conferencing at the Garden Court Umhlanga Hotel
There are 8 venue choices for conferencing at the Garden Court Umhlanga Hotel which can cater from 24 to 180 guests. Venues include the Umfolozi, Hluhluwe, Mdoli and Mlazi rooms. Rooms range from 40msquare to 168 msquare and can be set up cinema, boardroom or schoolroom style. Standard conferencing equipment provided by the Garden Court Umhlanga Hotel include writing materials, TV/DVD player with screen, and flip charts. Additional conferencing facilities can be arranged upon request.
Transport when visiting Durban
The best way to get to Durban is flying in. With low cost carriers such as Mango Airlines providing many daily and affordable flights, driving into the city is slowly fading away. There’s no need to spend hours and hours on the road when Durban is only an hour or 2 away from most major cities in the country, by flight. In addition to offering affordable flight tickets Mango Airlines allows for payment from store charge cards or as a retail facility at Shoprite stores. Within Durban, car hire is your best option to get around. You will have the reliability of your own vehicle to get around without having to wait for private taxis or public transport. With car hire Durban you will also keep to a budget as booking and payment can be done is advance. Car hire Durban options include economical, luxury or people carrier vehicles. It all depends on the type of trip you want. Families wanting a budget trip can go for the economical cars which is the cheapest and also lighter on fuel. Business travellers can opt for a luxurious sedan with a chauffeur so that they can get some work done during commute and a group wanting to transport themselves in one vehicle can choose the people carrier. The Garden Court Umhlanga Hotel also provides a free shuttle bus service for its guests to the Suncoast Casino and Entertainment World. There is also an airport transfer service to the King Shaka International Airport. Bookings must be made in advance for this service.
Garden Court Umhlanga Hotel rewards programme
The Garden Court Umhlanga Hotel is privy to the rewards programme run by Tsogo Sun. Membership into the programme is completely free with rewards being earned every time you book into a Tsogo Sun Hotel room. Benefits include
- A percentage off your accommodation costs
- Earning SunRands with every stay which can be used to further bring down future room costs
- SunRands can also be used on meals or drinks from the in-house restaurants and bars
- Free Wi-Fi. This is in addition to the Wi-Fi available in the Suite and Standard Surcharge rooms.
Attractions near the Garden Court Umhlanga Hotel
As with all Garden Court Hotels, the Umhlanga Hotel is located pretty near to some of the well-known tourist attractions in Durban such as
- Umhlanga Main Beach
- Suncoast Casino and Entertainment World
- Mount Edgecombe Country Club
- Naturall Science and Old House Museums
- Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Playhouse Theatre
- uShaka Marine World
- Durban Botanic Gardens
- Moses Mabhida and ABSA Rugby Stadiums