Fairmont Zimbali Lodge
The world’s largest range of accommodation online. “Book Now – Pay When You Stay”with NO fees, and free cancellation and amendments on most bookings.
Over 40 million reviews from verified guests will help you find the accommodation that’s right for you.
The Zimbali Coastal Resort is as an oasis of sorts. The estate was purposefully developed to be tranquil and picturesque with buildings both residential and commercial fitting as naturally as possible into the surroundings. The Fairmont Zimbali Lodge has kept to international Fairmont Group standards and have used much natural building material during its construction. The Zimbali estate is also home to many animals local to the region that are fully protect by both the estate management and local wildlife authorities. Guests at the Fairmont Zimbali Lodge are privy to see these animals roaming around freely. Many precautions are taken for the safety of these creatures and Fairmont Zimbali Lodge guests must adhere to these rules while on the estate.
The Zimbali estate is fully protected 24 hours a day by security guards, cameras, boom gates and a full perimeter electric fence. The Fairmont Zimbali Lodge is therefore well secured as it is a part of the estate. The lodge is only 10 minutes away from the nearest international airport and the nearby seaside town of Ballito offers medical facilities as well as 3 malls. The Fairmont Zimbali Lodge is a boutique hotel that has come to get international approval since it opened its doors. The lodge is seen as a year round destination because of the areas warm climate. Even during the winter months guests at the Fairmont Zimbali Lodge can engage in ocean activates. The lodge is elegantly decorated though has a traditional homey vibe to it reminiscent of autumn tones.
Rooms at the Fairmont Zimbali Lodge
- Satellite television
- Wireless internet
- Multi electrical plugs so international guests can use their gadgets and appliances
- Hairdryer and electric razor plug
- Complimentary bath products
- Tea and coffee station(so you can make a fresh cup whenever you want without having to call through to room service)
- Iron and ironing board
- Safe(to discreetly store all valuable items without having to declare them at the main desk)
- Valet parking
Can be requested
- Adjoining rooms(there are only a limited number available so booking in advance is essential)
- Roll-away bed, cots and sofa bed
- Concierge service
- Overnight laundry service
- Newspaper delivery- either local or national papers
- Business guests- have use of the lodge’s secretarial services which includes typing and printing of documents
Dining options at the Fairmont Zimbali Lodge
There are 2 dining options at the Fairmont Zimbali Lodge. They are the Thandi restaurant and the Trophy Bar.
The Fairmont Zimbali Lodge has the perfect peaceful setting for business meetings and conferences that may not always be possible at a company’s office. It is a convenient national location as well because the King Shaka Airport is so close by, and caters for many airlines including SAA and Mango airlines. Mango flights operate in many cities across South Africa which means people from all over can easily access Zimbali. Furthermore, Mango flights are very reasonably priced. They specialize in conferences for small groups and large groups up to 90 guests. There are 3 conference rooms to choose from which are the Imbiso, Umgeni and Tugela rooms. The first is over 800 sq. ft. and the latter 2 are just under 350 sq. ft. Items generally used during business conferences such as white boards, data projectors, flip charts, and video players are provided for. Full catering for business conferences are also provided. Social events can also be held in these venues and table layouts can be set up as per specific needs. The lodge offers such seating types as banquet, buffet, hollow and cabaret.
Weddings at the Fairmont Zimbali Lodge
There are many locations within the Fairmont Zimbali Lodge to have both the wedding ceremony and reception. There is a special team to help a couple plan the wedding at Zimbali and turn ideas into reality and also ensure that the day runs smoothly. The bonus of hosting your wedding at the Fairmont Zimbali Lodge is of course the wedding pictures. There are so many pristine locations from the beach to the gardens that the photographer will be spoilt for choice. Weddings can be arranged to be held at the Zimbali beach or at the hotels event rooms. There are very reasonable rates offered by Mango flights if the bridal couple needs to fly in friends and family for the wedding. The Palm Court and Ngwenya Terrace are intimate venues and both offer breath-taking views and are overlook the lodge’s infinity pool.
Activities on the Zimbali Estate
- Guests at the Fairmont Zimbali Lodge qualify for special rates to the Zimbali Country club. Here guests can engage in a game of gold on a Tom Weiskopf designed golf course and afterwards kick back at the clubs lounge.
- The clubhouse also has 2 tennis courts.
- The lodge has its own swimming pools, one of which is an infinity pool which gives off the mesmerizing illusion.
- Cycling and hiking on the estate is a wonderful way to explore all of the protected areas and come across some of the estates protected wildlife as well such as the blue duiker and even wild pigs.