The world’s largest range of accommodation online. “Book Now – Pay When You Stay”with NO fees, and free cancellation and amendments on most bookings.
Over 40 million reviews from verified guests will help you find the accommodation that’s right for you.
The Zimbali brand has laid claim to being one of the best residential and resort estates in South Africa even garnering international praise. It is a joint venture partnership between IFA Resort Developments and Tongaat Hullet. Zimbali falls under the jurisdiction of the KwaDukuza Municipality, which lies north of the principle city of Durban. It is situated along the Indian Ocean and views of the beach can be seen from most angles whilst on the resort. It is a short drive away from the King Shaka International Airport with reliable air transport from SAA, Kulula or Mango Airlines. The short distance also ensures less road travel to Ballito as soon as stepping off your Mango Airlines flight. Accommodation at Zimbali can be booked at the Fairmont Zimbali Resort or the Fairmont Zimbali Lodge. Guests can also stay at the Forest Suites Wellness Resort and Spa Zimbali which is also located on the estate. The private properties located on the Zimbali Coastal Resort are either for private residential use or can be rented out. The architectural theme is consistent throughout the entire resort and was Indonesian inspired. All building is done with as much natural material as possible. There are pathways built along the natural environment to be made use of when walking and experiencing the area, so that there is not much disturbance to the areas natural fauna and flora. Animals such as the blue duiker, bush buck, velvet monkey and banded mongoose are a common sight on the estate. Resort Life is a lifestyle publication aimed at prospective property owners, investors and travellers who are interested in Zimbali. Topics include golfing, architecture, leisure, estate living, design and tourism.
Amenities at Zimbali
Nature trails on the estate
Shopping and Medical Facilities near Zimbali
- Medical facilities are available in the nearby town of Ballito. All medical needs are provided for here including Veterinarians, Chiropractors, Physiotherapists, General Practitioners and Dentists. There are several pharmacies to choose from including the Dischem and Alphapharm franchises. The Alberlito hospital allows for emergency trauma care and has a further variety of medical specialists.
- Ballito also offers many shopping opportunities. The three major malls in the area to choose from are the Lifestyle Mall, Ballito Bay Mall and the Ballito Crescent. They offer many restaurants, stores and entertainment venues.
Attractions near Zimbali
Ballito is also in driving distance to 2 World Heritage Sites which are the greater St Lucia Wetland Park and uKhahlamba Drakensberg Park. Also within driving distance is the Phinda Game Reserve and the Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Park in Zululand. These are on average a 2 hour drive and offer sightings of the majestic big 5. Another major attraction is to visit the battlefields of the Anglo-Zulu war, and also discover why the Midlands Meander is often said to have some of the best arts and crafts stores in South Africa. Mango airlines can bring you fast and economically to Durban to enjoy all of these tourist activities.
Property on the Zimbali Coastal Resort is an attractive option to many home owners. Safety is paramount within the grounds and this extends to the holidaymakers making use of the hotel and lodge as well. The secure gated estate can only be accessed by vehicles at two entry points that are guarded 24 hours a day with CCTV cameras monitoring as well. The estate is also protected by an electric fence and security doing foot patrols. Homeowners can gain easy access with their security access disc to go through the boom gates or to have access to the beach.
- Seeing as the outdoor building theme is consistent throughout Zimbali there are rules private residents need to follow. Any alterations to the exterior of the house must be approved by the Homeowners Association and keep in line with the Asian inspired theme. If there are any additions that need to be put up on the outside of the house, satellite dishes for example, it can only be mounted where it is not in full view. The dish cannot be put in an area where a tree branch has to be cut down to accommodate it. The interior can be furnished or renovated as per personal needs.
- Swimming pools can be added to the property as long as it does not extend beyond your footprint area.
- Fencing is not allowed in zimbali except for kitchen yard and pool area. The natural wildlife of the area must be free to roam around.
- A monthly levy is payable for administration, security and maintenance of all common property and conservation areas.
- No pets are allowed in Zimbali. This is to protect the rare wildlife and plant species native to the area. The no-pet rule also enforces peace and serenity.
- Membership to the Zimbali Country Club is compulsory for all property owners at Zimbali Coastal Resort. Special rates do apply to the hotel and lodge guests.
- Traffic within the borders of the Zimbali estate is limited to 25km per hour. This maintains the tranquility and further ensures the safety of residents, guests and the wildlife that freely roam around.