The world’s largest range of accommodation online. “Book Now – Pay When You Stay”with NO fees, and free cancellation and amendments on most bookings.
Over 40 million reviews from verified guests will help you find the accommodation that’s right for you.
The Zimbali Lodge is situated on the Zimbali Coastal Resort. The Zimbali Coastal Resort is an eco-estate that places high priority on the security of its residents and guests, and is fully guarded 24 hours a day. The natural earthy architecture blends into its surroundings. Zimbali is located next to the stunning seaside town of Ballito which is mere minutes away. Ballito provides medical facilities as well as entertainment and shopping centers. Zimbali lodge is also within driving range to many wildlife, game parks and tourist spots in KwaZulu Natal. Day tours to these places are popular packages for guests staying at the Zimbali Lodge. Durban’s airport which is the King Shaka International Airport, which is also a frequent location for Mango Airlines flights, is also close by. Mango Airlines offers cheap flights when flying to Durban. Out of town or international guests coming into Durban for international sporting events can have easy access to the stadiums from the Zimbali Lodge. The lodge is one of 3 hotel offerings on the Zimbali Coastal Resort and is one of the boutique hotel options.
Zimbali Lodge Rooms
There are 76 rooms available at the Zimbali Lodge all decorated in warm earthy decor yet with a luxurious vibe. All rooms open out to a balcony where views of the ocean or natural forestry of the estate can be admired at leisure. All Zimbali Lodge rooms come standard with air conditioning which really is a must for the warm Durban climate. Colour satellite television and high speed wireless internet are available in all rooms for in room entertainment. Multi electrical plugs are provided so that international guests have plugs that are compatible with their devices. En-suite bathrooms with a separate shower and a Victorian bathtub heighten the stay at the lodge, plus you are given complimentary bath products. Hairdryer and an electric razor plug together with an iron can also be found in the rooms. All Zimbali Lodge rooms come with a safe so you don’t have to go through any extra organizing with hotel staff to secure your valuable items. There is an overnight laundry service as well as newspaper delivery available on request. Amenities that can be further requested are adjoining rooms, baby cots, roll-away beds, sofa beds and custom filled mini bars. The Zimbali lodge is an attractive venue for business conferences and as such offers its business guests use of their business center with secretarial services such as typing and photocopying.
Zimbali Lodge Conference Venues
The many conference rooms at the Zimbali Lodge can be used for either business or social purposes. The three conferences rooms offer many seating types such as theater, banquet, classroom, boardroom, hollow, cabaret or buffet. The Tugela and Umgeni rooms are just under 350 sq ft and the Imbiso room is over 800 sq ft. The personalized conference arrangements can be for a small or large group of guests and can accommodate up to 70 people. Such facilities as data projectors and screens, flip-charts, whiteboards, television and video players are provided. Catering can also be provided for conferences. Zimbali Lodge is fantastic for weddings and offer many choices for either the ceremony or reception. The zimbali lodge has a special team of wedding specialists who help brides plan their dream wedding. Mango airlines provide a cost effective way of transporting wedding guests to the Zimbali Lodge. The Zimbali estate also has many spots to choose from for memorable and exquisite wedding photos.
- The lodge has an infinity swimming pool which offers a magical entrancement.
- Beach activities include enjoying the waters all year round or simply strolling on the shores. The more adventurous types can take it a bit further and go deep sea fishing or scuba diving. Boat rides are also available for dolphin tours. Dolphins are such a common sight in these waters that the area is known as the Dolphin Coast
- Forest walks – enjoy the naturalness of the eco estate that the lodge is situated on by walks or hikes and encounter some of the areas wildlife as well such as bush bucks, blue duikers and even wild pigs.
- Zimbali Country Club – Zimbali lodge guests enjoy special rates when playing at the Zimbali Country Club. Enjoy a round of golf on a champion golf course designed by Tom Weiskopf. The club also has tennis courts, bar, lounge and a halfway house. There’s also a driving range, putting greens, golf carts and a golf shop. A dress code is enforced and must be strictly adhered to.
- In addition to room service the Zimbali Lodge offers 2 restaurant choices, the Thandi Restaurant and the Trophy Bar. The continental breakfast at Thandi includes Eggs Benedict, Eggs Florentine and French omelettes which come highly recommended. It is open early enough so golfers with early tee-off times can enjoy a good breakfast before setting off to the greens. The lunch menu is light with emphasis on fresh and healthy eating. Thandi restaurant is famous for their curry buffet which is usually done on Monday nights.