The world’s largest range of accommodation online. “Book Now – Pay When You Stay”with NO fees, and free cancellation and amendments on most bookings.
Over 40 million reviews from verified guests will help you find the accommodation that’s right for you.
Zimbali accommodation varies from self-accommodation chalets to rooms at the 3 exclusive hotels on the estate. Zimbali accommodation is situated north of Durban and lies within the KwaDukuza Municipality district and is 10 minutes away from the King Shaka International Airport. Many airlines make use of the King Shaka Airport especially low cost carriers such as Kulula and Mango Airlines. Shuttle services, to and from the Zimbali accommodation can be provided for, from the hotels, upon request.
Zimbali Accommodation at the Chalets
The chalets are privately owned by Zimbali residents and are rented out for short holiday periods or for long term rental needs. Owning properties on the Zimbali estate have proved an investment success, yielding much profits from rentals. The chalets offer private Zimbali accommodation in houses that are surrounded by the natural forest setting with some having ocean views. It is the perfect getaway venue if you are looking for tranquility to de-stress and have a relaxing holiday. Chalets can also be used for business and other entertaining opportunities. Guests at these chalets have full access to all of the amenities offered at the Zimbali Coastal Resort.
Zimbali Accommodation at the Hotels
The first 2 hotels available for accommodation at Zimbali are the Fairmont Zimbali Resort and the Fairmont Zimbali Lodge. The resort is an exclusive Zimbali accommodation that consists of 154 rooms, a spa, 3 swimming pools and 8 restaurants all set within the gated estate. The Fairmont Zimbali Lodge is also located within the Zimbali Coastal Resort and is a boutique hotel. This zimbali accommodation venue has 76 rooms that open out into a balcony with views of the entire estate and beaches. There are 2 restaurants at this Zimbali accommodation, an infinity pool and a terrace. Rooms at both venues provide Wi-Fi service, satellite TV channels, separate bathrooms, dressing gowns and complimentary products. All rooms are stocked with a mini bar and light snacks. Rooms also come with hairdryers, electric razor shavers, telephone ,air conditioning and electrical plugs compatible for international use. Butler service and daily newspaper delivery can be requested. Both hotels are decorated with warm earthy tones and much glamour. Both hotels offer many options for function venues. Business conferencing can be arranged with multiple seating options, a host of conference amenities and in house catering. Weddings are popular at these hotels because of the high service and the natural splendor of the background that makes for the most amazing wedding pictures. The other hotel option is the Forest Suites Wellness Resort and Spa Zimbali. This boutique hotel does not form part of the Fairmont group. There are 10 suites to choose from with 2 conference venues within the hotel. Forest suites also houses the Mangwanani Spa with highly trained therapists.
Zimbali accommodation offers many activities that can be done on the estate. Sporting activities such as golfing, playing tennis, and squash can be done on the facilities provided at the Zimbali Country Club. Golfing happens on world class golf course specially designed for Zimbali. Hiking and going on nature trails are a good way to see all the natural flora and fauna that is protected within the estate. The Willow Stream Spa also has a fitness center and steam room in addition to 9 treatment rooms offering a variety of beauty and health spa options. Children can have loads of fun at the beachfront or the children’s playground. Mango Airlines offer budget flight tickets to Durban, so the more inland population of South Africa can have access to this warm, coastal area of the country.
The many services provided by the hotels include
- Laundry, dry cleaning, ironing and shoe shining
- The shuttle service provides transport which includes pickups and drops offs at the King Shaka International Airport. The Mango Airlines fleet is a common sight at the airport.
- There is an on-site currency exchange service
- Babysitting and childcare facilities
- Luggage storage
- Fax/photocopying to meet all business needs
- Gift shop
General Information on Zimbali
- All houses on the Zimbali Coastal Resort feature the Indonesian/earthy inspired architecture. All building work is done with as much natural products as possible.
- Certain areas within the Zimbali Coastal Resort are conserved and protected by the Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife. Pathways have been erected so that residents and Zimbali accommodation guests can enjoy the natural elements without further destruction to it. Many wildlife animals, such as the blue duiker and bush buck are often spotted during a Zimbali accommodation stay.
- The nearby town of Ballito offers zimbali accommodation guests and residents access to medical and shopping facilities.
- Zimbali accommodation is located within driving distance to many game parks and reserves in KZN.
- No pets are allowed on the Zimbali estate. The eco estate houses various indigenous animals (that are allowed to roam freely) and rare birds and all means possible are taken to protect them. Also, Zimbali is a tranquil and serene place and disturbances are not tolerated.
- Zimbali accommodation provides one of the safest destinations in Durban. The entire estate is protected by electric fencing with foot patrol security guards. Entrance into the estate can only be done at 2 boom gate points with further security and CCTV cameras. Zimbali accommodation guests at the lodge and hotel do not have access to the private residence part of the estate.