Blue Waters Hotel
The world’s largest range of accommodation online. “Book Now – Pay When You Stay”with NO fees, and free cancellation and amendments on most bookings.
Over 40 million reviews from verified guests will help you find the accommodation that’s right for you.
The Blue Waters Hotel is a monument building in the Durban architectural landscape. It is ideally positioned on Durban’s Golden Mile. The Golden Mile is a beachfront area that houses many affluent hotels and apartments as well as tourist spots. The Blue Waters Hotel’s exact location is North Beach in Marine Parade. The beach is just seconds from the hotel. The rooms have been recently renovated and many have balconies with views of the Indian Ocean. The Blue Waters Hotel rooms are perfect to be booked by businesses, holiday groups and honeymoon couples. The Blue Waters has 2 in-hotel restaurants choices. There are 10 venue choices for functions in the hotel which can accommodate groups, big and small.
Rooms at the Blue Waters Hotel
The room types available at the Blue Waters Hotel are:
Deluxe sea facing king room
Deluxe sea facing four sleeper
Deluxe family room
Deluxe family suite
Deluxe paraplegic room
- Rooms at the Blue Waters Hotel come with a bathroom that has both a bathtub and shower. Rooms also have wireless internet access, an electronic safe and a flat screen TV with 20 satellite channels. A telephone and desk are provided also. An air-conditioner, hair dryer, mini fridge and a tea and coffee maker round up what can be expected in the rooms.
- Parking on site is charged at R50 a day, however there is much street parking that is available. Peak season pricing is generally higher at the Blue Waters Hotel. These periods include Christmas, Easter and any other special events that many be happening in Durban such as international sporting events.
- Check-in time is 10 o’ clock in the morning and check-out time is 2 in the afternoon.
- Rates are per room and include a full English breakfast.
- A Credit card or signed letter from credit card holder must be provided when booking into the hotel.
- No smoking is allowed in the bedrooms.
- Discount vouchers can only be used for rooms and no extras that the hotel provides.
- Payments not made on time and damages to hotel property will be taken from the guest’s credit card.
- No pets allowed in the Blue Waters Hotel.
- Guests are not allowed visitors after 10 pm.
Services available at the Blue Waters Hotel
Laundry, dry-cleaning, ironing, maids
Airport shuttle- the King Shaka International Airport is within driving distance and caters for a lot of cheap flights offered by low cost airlines in South Africa such as Kulula and Mango Airlines. Mango Airlines has many daily flights into Durban all year round, so transport into Durban is always accessible. Car hire Durban can also be done directly at the airport if the Blue Waters Hotel guests would like the convenience of their own car.
Dining options at the Blue Waters Hotel
Versailles – the restaurant is laid out in such a way to offer all round sea views in an elegant setting. Menu options are either à la carte or buffet for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Blue Dolphin Bar – the bar was only just recently opened and caters for express food and drinks. The bar is always open from 10 in the morning till late at night. The pizza is a major draw to the hotel and can be ordered only in the evenings except weekends and holidays when it is available earlier from 12 in the afternoon. Other than pizza the Dolphin Bar serves up sushi, hot beverages, cakes, juices, milkshakes, ice cream and shooters. Dress code is smart casual and there are set events to look forward to here during certain days of the week such as open mic, live music and ladies night.
Functions at the Blue Waters Hotel
- Conference – the Blue Waters Hotel has professional coordinators who handle all conference needs. The packages for the business conference includes arrival, mid-morning and afternoon drinks as well as lunch, buffet style, in the dining room. All guests will receives notepads, pens and refreshment drinks. Equipment is also provided such as a PA system, flip charts, data projector and Wi-Fi connections. The cost of the conference venue is also included in the package. Guests flying into the city for business conferences can make use of many car hire Durban branches located throughout the city.
- Wedding – the Blue Waters Hotel also offers professional coordinators for weddings to help plan the day at the hotel. There are four wedding venues at the hotel and there has to be 50 guests to qualify for the wedding package. The package includes juices for guests as they arrive and sparkling wines for the toasts. The hotel also includes partial payment towards a cake of the bridal couples choosing as part of this package as well as a DJ and floral arrangements for all tables. Rooms for the wedding couple’s guests will also be discounted if staying at the Blue Waters Hotel. Mango Airlines also offer affordable flight tickets for family and family flying in Durban to witness the wedding. Furthermore, the couple also receives honeymoon accommodation at the hotel and a complimentary anniversary dinner at the hotel’s restaurant one year later.
- Celebration- social events for birthdays, anniversaries and engagements are very in demand at the Blue Waters Hotel and must be booked in advance, with a deposit, to secure a place. The celebration package is similar to the wedding and conference packages and also includes waitrons to serve during the dinner.
Conference rooms include:
- Pooldeck – this venue is the largest venue room at the Blue Waters Hotel and provides space for 60 to 25 people depending on the seating type
- Fontainbleau – provides spacing for 60 to 200 guests
- Salle – provides rooms for 30 to 50 guests
- Concorde east – room for 10 to 40 guests and is 105 m square
- Concorde west – room for 10 to 40 guests and is the same as the east room in size.
- Sundeck – 18 to 80 guests can be accommodated here
- Suite 209 – has room for 8 to 15 guests
- Cascades – room for 40 to 90 guests
- Blue Sky- 40 to 100 guests
- Boardroom- the boardroom can accommodate 16 guests and only in boardroom seating
Seating styles include boardroom, u-shaped, buffet, reception, cinema and schoolroom.