Salt Rock Hotel
The world’s largest range of accommodation online. “Book Now – Pay When You Stay”with NO fees, and free cancellation and amendments on most bookings.
Over 40 million reviews from verified guests will help you find the accommodation that’s right for you.
The Salt Rock Resort is located in Basil Hulett Drive, a street named for the founder of the hotel. It comprises of the Salt Rock Hotel, the Salt Rock Palms Timeshare and a Caravan Park. It is only 20 minutes away from the King Shaka International Airport and 40 minutes away from Durban. Mango Airlines offer affordable flight tickets to King Shaka Airport from all the major airports in the country. Car rentals can be done directly at the airport or if you do not feel up to it directly after stepping of the plane then car hire Ballito is another option, Salt Rock is a good option for those who wish to do a relaxing seaside vacation away from the fast pace of Durban. The Salt Rock beach is one of the best in Durban with gorgeous reefs and a tidal pool. The beach is shark protected and a very good spot for fishing enthusiasts. The waters and tides are ideal for surfing and the main beach has its own lifeguards.
Salt Rock Hotel Rooms
Standard rooms – are available in double, twin and family rooms. The inter-leading rooms are another option and have 2 en-suite rooms. The Salt Rock Hotel duplex suites consist of upstairs and downstairs area with 2 bedrooms and lounge. All rooms here come with DStv, fans and are sea facing.
Superior rooms – are available in double, twin or family rooms. The rooms have air-conditioning, fridge, DStv and tea and coffee stations. All of these rooms have views of the sea
Deluxe rooms – come in double or family rooms only. Has the same amenities as the superior rooms and some of these rooms come with kitchenettes.
Salt Rock Hotel offers the following
- Traditional Zulu massages at the Ipi Thombi Spa which can be found at the hotels pool deck. Gift vouchers can be purchased and bookings can be done for one guest or a group booking.
- A sun terrace that can be used to enjoy sightings of dolphins and whales.
- A private pool. Note this is not available to caravan guests. Use of the pool is only open to Salt Rock Hotel and Salt Rock Palms Timeshare guests only.
- Ladies bar and Beach bar.
- Airport transfers can be arranged by Salt Rock Hotel staff. Airlines, such as Mango Airlines, have regular flights into and out of Durban at the King Shaka Airport. Alternatively, a guest may make use of car hire Ballito to have the freedom of their own car to roam about in.
- Jungle gym for the kids. The Salt Rock Hotel is very child friendly.
- A hair salon and beautician is within walking distance from the Salt Rock Hotel.
Dining Options at the Salt Rock Hotel
Cocos Buffet and Carvery Dining Room – this restaurant is open only in the mornings and evenings from 7:00 to 9:30 and 18:00 to 21:30 respectively. Both breakfast and dinner are full buffet options. Lunch is offered on Sundays though, with a full roast and side dishes. On Fridays the restaurant provides pensioners with discounts.
Salt Rock Snack Bar – the bar can be found at the Salt Rock Hotel swimming pool. A variety of foods from fresh oysters to spicy curries can be enjoyed on the Dolphin Deck, aptly named to enjoy views of the ocean in which dolphins frequent.
Conferencing at the Salt Rock Hotel
The conference rates at the Salt Rock Hotel are for packages either for day or overnight guests. The conference day rates include room hire, standard conference items, beverages, lunch and is inclusive of VAT. The conference rates per sharing delegate includes the aforementioned rates in the day package in addition to Bed and Breakfast. Enquiries can be made on the Salt Rock Hotel website for quotations as well as getting in contact with their co-coordinator.
There are four rooms at the Salt Rock Hotel for functions
- Sails venue – is a sea view room with its own deck that is fully covered. The Sails room seats between 40 to 100 people is 108 msq in area size.
- Queen Palm – is directly above the sails room also offering sea views. Is also 108 msq is area size but only seats between 40 to 60 people
- Royal Palm – a large room ideally placed at the heart of the Salt Rock Hotel. The Royal Palm is the largest venue on offer at the Salt Rock Hotel with a size of 180 msq. It can seat a minimum of 80 guests with a maximum of 150 guests.
- Marlin room – is situated right at the entrance of the hotel giving conference guests easy access to the venue. The Marlin room is the second biggest room on offer at the hotel a 176 msq, however the room seats more people, 200 at max and 100 minimum.
The seating types available in all 4 rooms are u-shape, school room, theater and banquet.
Weddings at the Salt Rock Hotel
The Salt Rock Hotel has gained much fame for its weddings because of the scenic and peaceful settings of the area. Beach wedding ceremonies here are of particular interest for this reason. Receptions can afterwards be held in marquees or one of the function venues on offer inside the hotel. Alternatively both the ceremony and reception can be held in the marquee or hotel. A Bedouin tent is a separate marquee option available to the wedding couple. The hotel also provides a full menu for the reception, and hotel rooms for guests from out of town. These guests can fly into Durban with budget based tickets from Mango Airlines. Rooms can also be hired out for guests who live nearer, so that they won’t have to leave early to drive back home or if it gets too late and they are not in a state to drive. If a couple has their wedding at the Salt Rock Hotel then the honeymoon suite will be fully reserved for them, which will also come with complimentary champagne.
Recommended outings near the Salt Rock Hotel
- Pumpkin Theater in Ballito
- Golf at the Zimbali Country Club or the Maidstone Country Club
- The Rain Farm game park
- Club Ventures for paintball, scuba diving and snorkeling
- Snorkeling safari also available with Tidal Tao
- Flag Animal Farm
- Crocodile Creek
- Nearby Bowling Club
- Ballito Microlight Flights
- Sibaya Casino and Entertainment Kingdom