Sun 1 Hotel
Find accommodation close to King Shaka International Airport.
The world’s largest range of accommodation online. “Book Now – Pay When You Stay”with NO fees, and free cancellation and amendments on most bookings.
Over 40 million reviews from verified guests will help you find the accommodation that’s right for you.
Sun 1 is owned by the Tsogo Sun Hotel Group and provides simple and affordable rooms for the budget conscious traveller. For those who only require a place to store their luggage, get some sleep after a long day and freshen up in the mornings, this is the ideal spot. Sun 1 has 21 hotel branches in South Africa all situated to be easily found and accessed. In Durban they are located in Berea next to the Durban bus stop. They provide visitors to Durban with affordable rates for rooms that are tidy and contemporary. The Sun 1 Hotel has formerly been known as the Formula 1 Hotel.
The Rooms at the Sun 1 Hotel in Durban
Reservations for the rooms at the Sun 1 Hotel in Durban can be made at any time either on the phone, online or in person at the hotel. The pleasant staff are always on hand to do reservations or to check guests into the hotel.
All rooms at the Sun 1 Hotel come standard with a shower that has been fitted to be as water efficient as possible. There is also a working area where people visiting Durban on business can do paperwork or use a laptop.
Rooms are also fully air-conditioned. The warm Durban weather can be unbearable for those not used to it and Sun 1 Hotels take every effort to ensure the well being of their guests especially to get a good night’s rest. For this reason they ensure that their beds are up to standard and very snug so that their guests can awake the next morning fully refreshed.
The rooms at the Sun 1 Hotel can accommodate one guest or 2 to 3 people who would share a room.
The Sun 1 Hotel promotes a green environment and as such all of their lighting is eco-friendly. Water waste from showers and toilets are also kept to a minimum.
Sun 1 Hotel guests can check into the hotel at any time after 2pm and be guaranteed that helpful staff will be on hand to help them out. The check-out time at which guests must leave is 11am.
- There is ample parking available on the premises of the Sun 1 Hotel for its guests, that is very secure.
- There is a 24 hour room service that the Sun 1 Hotel in Durban provides for its guests. Rooms are also cleaned daily.
- The Sun 1 Hotel allows its guests 150 MB of free Wi-Fi for the duration of their stay. This can only be accessed in the hotels public area.
- The public area is also where guests can enjoy bottomless coffee which is provided from 11am to 11pm
- At an additional cost breakfast can be provided by the Sun 1 Hotel as well, to give a nutritious start to the day.
- The Sun 1 Hotel is very paraplegic friendly and has rooms and facilities that allow for a comfortable stay at the hotel to their guests with disabilities. These rooms are limited so advanced booking must be made to secure a room.
Sun 1 Hotel Transportation
Transportation to, from and around the Sun 1 Hotel can be done a myriad of ways. Firstly, when flying into Durban, the King Shaka International Airport has options of taxis or car rentals on site whereby transport can be arranged to get guests to the hotel. Taxis are the more costly option so many people decide to go with renting out a car. Having access to your own car also allows for you to go where you want, whenever you want and not have to wait around for taxis or public transport. To complement the budget rates at Sun 1 Hotel many guests choose to do car hire Durban with hatchback vehicles. These vehicles need less fuel than other vehicle types and are easier to manoeuvre around the city in. Car hire Durban companies also provide navigation systems which customers can rent out to ensure they get to their destination in one go and not get lost and end up adding to their fuel costs. Flights into Durban happen on a daily basis by all of the major airlines operating in South Africa. For a budget trip it would be best to go with one of the low cost carriers such as Mango Airlines. Mango Airlines provides some of the cheapest flight tickets and are the only airline in the world to accept payment for their tickets from store charge cards. The entire booking and check-in process for Mango Airlines flights can be done online on their website.
Secondly, guests can travel to Durban by bus. Bus routes are available to many parts of the country and the stop in Durban is right next to the Sun 1 Hotel.
- Durban beaches- there are many seaside destinations in South Africa but the top choice is Durban, famed for its warm waters, year round. The beaches are also well protected by lifeguards and shark netting.
- Suncoast Casino and Entertainment World- provides a fun outing for the entire family. The casino can only be accessed by those who are over 18 and has both slot machines and table betting. For under 18’s and those not interested in gambling Suncoast also has many dining options, a movie complex and a children’s gaming area.
- Roma Revolving Restaurant- the restaurant offers diners a 360 degree view of Durban as they enjoy their meal courtesy of its revolving floor which takes about 90 minutes to do a full revolution.
- Sporting stadiums- there are many international level games that are hosted at Durban’s many sporting stadiums such as Moses Mabhida, ABSA and Kingsmead which lie in the vicinity of the Sun 1 Hotel and allows for its guests to easily get to games.
- Florida Road- is the artsy and vibrant location with many of the top restaurants in Durban. The road is also home to many art galleries and boutiques making it somewhat of a must visit destination when in Durban.
- Durban Botanical Gardens- are famed for its Cycad and Orchid collection which can be admired at leisure before proceeding to the charity garden to enjoy a cup of tea.