Formula 1 Hotel
Find accommodation close to King Shaka International Airport.
The world’s largest range of accommodation online. “Book Now – Pay When You Stay”with NO fees, and free cancellation and amendments on most bookings.
Over 40 million reviews from verified guests will help you find the accommodation that’s right for you.
Formula 1 Hotels can be found around South Africa and provide basic and budget accommodation. They have 21 hotels countrywide that are situated in locations for easy accessibility. The hotel is popular among people who just need a place to sleep, shower and store their belongings when travelling around the country. They realize that they will not be spending too much of time at their accommodation base and the bare necessity with some creature comforts will do. In Durban the Formula 1 Hotel, which has been refurbished, can be found in Berea which is close to many of the main attractions on offer in the city. For comfortable lodgings, at affordable rates in well maintained and modern rooms, the Formula 1 Hotel is the choice to go with.
Formula 1 Hotel Rooms
The rooms at the Formula 1 Hotel can be checked into at any time after 2 in the afternoon (Formula 1 Hotels guarantee that there will always be friendly staff at reception to check you in) and check-out must be done before 11 in the morning.
Rooms at the Formula 1 Hotel are available for a single guest or for 2 or 3 guests that would like to share a room and keep costs to a minimum.
Bedding consists of a single bed or multiple beds depending on the room type chosen. Formula 1 Hotel beds are snug and comfortable as this is the major requirement of their guests – a place to rest after a long day of meetings or holidaying.
All rooms at the Formula 1 Hotel have a
- Working area
- Air conditioning
All rooms are energy efficient and lit up with eco lighting. The showers and toilets are also very efficient at saving as much water as possible. It is all part of their sustainability program.
Reservations for rooms at the Durban Formula 1 Hotel can be made in person, online or telephonically during any time of the day.
Other amenities at the Formula 1 Hotel
The public area of the Formula 1 Hotel provides its guests with 150MB of free Wi-Fi during their stay.
Coffee is also bottomless here and available from 11 in the morning until 11 at night.
The Formula 1 Hotel does serve breakfast but it does not come standard with the cost of the room and would need to be paid for separately. Their light yet filling breakfast promises to kick start your day.
There is 24 hour room service at the hotel. Rooms are meticulously cleaned every day allowing guests the satisfaction of returning to a clean room at the end of every day.
The Formula 1 Hotel has facilities plus a special room to accommodate for disabled guests. Booking in advance is critical to ensure its availability.
There is plenty of secure parking bays available for guests at the Formula 1 Hotel in Durban.
Transport to the Formula 1 Hotel
The Formula 1 Hotel is right next to the Durban bus stop. When taking the bus into Durban (from various other parts of the country), there is accommodation available right next door once stepping off.
Durban can also be accessed through flights at the King Shaka International Airport which is 20km away. Many airlines have multiple scheduled flights into Durban here including Mango Airlines. Mango Airlines is a low cost carrier airline and provides some of the cheapest airfare in South Africa. When under major budget constraints, Formula 1 Hotels and Mango Airlines are sure to not break the bank when traveling to Durban. There are taxis and car rental services available at the airport which can be used to get to the Formula 1 Hotel. Car hire Durban is probably the preferred way to go, especially if you are on a budget trip. Renting out a car is cheaper than taking private taxis and more convenient than waiting around for public transportation. Car hire Durban needs can be taken care off by the many car rental agencies available in the city from internationally recognized brands to local independent brands. While they all do offer a range of vehicle types, the option to go with on a budget trip would be their economical range. Hatchbacks are the cars mostly used in this category as they are very light on fuel. Navigations systems are also a good addition when hiring a car because they can save you a lot of petrol by getting you directly to your destination, and not waste fuel by getting lost. Most of these economical cars come standard with air-conditioner, to help guests cope with the warmth and humidity in Durban.
Attractions around the Formula 1 Hotel
- Suncoast Casino and Entertainment World- Durban’s world class casino can be found on Durban’s Golden Mile. There are slot machines as well as card tables available for play. Although the main draw is the casino, the complex is very family friendly with over a dozen restaurant choices, movie theatres, children’s gaming area and an outdoor promenade.
- uShaka Marine World- an entire day can be spent here enjoying the many water slides or admiring the aquariums and dangerous creatures exhibits. There are plenty of restaurant and shopping choices that can be done as well.
- Roma revolving restaurant- the restaurant which is the only one of its kind in the country does a full revolution allowing for guests to enjoy a 360 view of Durban while indulging in their meals.
- Kings Park, Moses Mabhida and ABSA Stadiums- these sporting stadiums host many international games and Formula 1 Hotel guests can effortlessly make their way to games when in Durban.
- Durban beaches- undoubtedly, one of the main reasons to holiday in Durban is the beaches which can be enjoyed almost year round. Lifeguards and shark nets also provide a good level of safety.
- Durban’s Botanical Gardens are also nearby the Formula 1 Hotel and guests can delight in its Cycad collection and Orchid house. There is also a charity tea garden on site.
- Of the abundance of restaurants nearby the hotel, Florida Road offers some of the best that Durban has to offer where art galleries and chic boutiques can be found too.
The Formula 1 Hotel has recently undergone a brand change and has been renamed as the Sun 1 Hotel.