City Lodge Durban
The world’s largest range of accommodation online. “Book Now – Pay When You Stay”with NO fees, and free cancellation and amendments on most bookings.
Over 40 million reviews from verified guests will help you find the accommodation that’s right for you.
City Lodge has 2 options for guests who choose to use their hotels in Durban. The choices are either the Durban Central or Umhlanga Ridge locations. Both City Lodge Durban hotels are ideal for business or leisure guests. For holidaymakers the hotels are positioned to be in close proximity to all of the major attractions in Durban and is very child friendly. For business travellers the hotel has an in house conference centre which allows for less stressed mornings as the only distance for City Lodge Durban guests to travel to will be a short walk to the conference rooms. City Lodge Hotel also has clubs available that frequent guests may find beneficial that makes future room bookings much faster.
The Durban City Lodge Hotel is located near
- Durban’s ICC- it is the premier eventing facility in Durban having hosted some of the most prestigious events in Durban and has also been voted as the top meetings and conference centre in Africa
- Beachfront- Durban’s beachfront includes a promenade, flea markets, and restaurants
- uShaka Marine World- Durban’s Golden Mile starts around the area of the uShaka Marine World. Besides the many marine creatures available for viewing, the water slides are a big draw
The Umhlanga City Lodge Hotel is located near
- The Gateway Theatre of Shopping- the largest shopping mall in South Africa with a wide variety of entertainment to suit the entire family
- Umhlanga Beach- Umhlanga is a bit more relaxed than Durban City and so are the beach areas. In addition, Umhlanga also has many nature trails for the more outdoors guests.
There are over 150 rooms available at both City Lodge Durban hotels. Check-in can be done at any time as reception is available 24 hours a day.
The City Lodge Durban rooms are generous in size and come in either double or twin bed offerings.
All rooms at City Lodge Durban are air-conditioned.
Each room has its own bathroom with both a bathtub and shower.
There are safe’s is every room and it is large enough to fit not only small valuables and cash but laptops as well. All safes are electronic.
Rooms are also equipped with a desk with its own lighting and nearby plug points. This work space allows business guests to catch up on work in the room
The City Lodge Durban rooms have amenities for guests to make their own tea or coffee immediately whenever they want and to not have to wait on room service.
There are rooms especial to cater for the needs of guests with physical disabilities.
Guests at City Lodge Durban can enjoy Wi-Fi access at the in house restaurant and in some of the rooms
The City Lodge Durban hotel has a gym and fitness area
There is a faxing and photocopying service provided by the hotel
City Lodge Durban hotels also provide laundry and dry cleaning for its guests which is done on the same day
Guests can park their car on site and there is no charge
City Lodge Durban hotels also have a swimming pool
Conferencing at the City Lodge Durban
The conference facility at the Umhlanga Ridge hotel is a 12 seater boardroom that comes with a screen and data projector
The Durban Central location can seat up to 110 people in cinema, boardroom, u-shape and schoolroom seating. The room also has wireless internet. In addition this City Lodge Durban hotel also has a 12 seater boardroom
City Lodge Hotel Clubs
- Lodger Club- the Lodger Club is an incentive based program from City Lodge available exclusively to internet users. Registration for the program is done online and is totally free. Your information details are stored on their system so guests do not have to fill in all of their details every time they book a room at City Lodge Durban. The program is points based, so every time a booking is made when logging in to the Lodger Club online, points are accumulated, which will add up to a free room when the predetermined total is reached.
- Corporate Club- this option is available to companies that spend over R75000 per year on accommodation for their employees when travelling around South Africa. Registration can be done online and as with the Lodger Club it is free and quick. Points are given here as well, every time that a booking is made on the account. All travellers’ details will be logged onto the system making bookings far easier.
Transport in Durban
Durban is a very accessible city with options of both public and private transportation. Guests to the city do like to go the private route though, because of the convenience of having their own vehicle. For car hire Durban needs, guests can make use of the many car rental agencies available throughout the city. Options for car hire Durban needs include hatchbacks, sedans, vans, SUV’s, 4×4’s, mini buses and guests also have the option of hiring out a chauffeur or tour guide.
There are many ways to travel into Durban but the fastest is flying in. It has also become very affordable in recent years with many low cost airlines, such as Mango Airlines that have entered the market. Mango Airlines has daily flights in to Durban from
- Cape Town
- O.R Tambo
To further bring down the ticket cost, guests are welcome to use vouchers from Mango Airlines, AMEX and Nedbank Greenbacks. All domestic flights into Durban on Mango Airlines are done at the King Shaka International Airport. Both of the City Lodge Durban hotels are within driving distance of the airport.
- The Umhlanga hotel is just 15 minutes away
- The Durban hotel is 30 minutes away
Car hire in Durban can be done directly at the airport. This essentially means, stepping off a plane, into the rental car, travelling the city, dropping off the car and stepping onto the plane again. There will be no need to use public transport, hire out taxis or make arrangements to get to the airport once the rented car has been dropped off elsewhere.